Monday, September 5, 2011

YES, THEY'RE REAL PIRANHA!

I'm stoked about our new fish aquarium! Sarah's landlord won't let her have any pets so I told her that she could have a fish tank at my place if she wanted. She loves fish and I think they're cool, too. I've heard that watching fish swim in an aquarium can help to improve high blood pressure, anxiety and depression so there's also a practical reason to have a fish aquarium.

We haven't figured out what kind of fish we're getting yet but I know I don't want gold fish. I don't think gold fish are very interesting and they're high maintenance fish. I wouldn't mind getting something cool like a shark or piranha but you can't really have those in a tank with smaller fish because they'll take bites out of them or eat them. Also, our tank's not big enough for piranha, although I have taken care of a friend's piranha when she was sent to Iraq. They were really cool but extremely aggressive.

One evening, a mutual friend came for a visit and didn't believe that the fish were piranha so I told her to put her finger in the tank and see. I told her they were real piranha and they'd bite her if she stuck her finger in the tank but she didn't believe me and stuck her finger in the tank anyway. A piranha promptly swam up to the top of the tank and bit the tip of her finger off. There was blood everywhere and our friend freaked out. LMAO! It was hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment