Sunday, August 14, 2011

Biopsy

Really not feeling well in the area of my body suspected of being cancerous. I hope it’s psychosomatic. Merrr.

I’m tired but I can’t sleep. My stomach feels bloated and uncomfortable, with a slight burning sensation. I’m depressed and concerned about the possibility that I might have cancer. I’m trying not to worry about it until after I have my surgical procedure but I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t. I’m trying to tell myself that it’s not a big deal and that my test result was probably a false positive but I can’t help but think that it just isn’t good when there’s blood and inflammation where there isn’t supposed to be.

My biopsy is in the morning on the 25th of August. My girlfriend is going with me, will stay through my procedure and then help me get home since I’ll still be sedated. I have to go on a 24 hour liquid diet to prepare for the surgery. All I can have is broth, water, tea or coffee with no milk, fruit juice with no pulp, and any jello except red colored jello. That’s going to be rough. I’m not looking forward to that.

The procedure should take about 30 minutes to an hour and then I’ll spend an hour in the recovery room. Once the sedation wears off a bit, they’ll release me to go back home that afternoon. I have no idea how long it’ll take them to return results from the biopsy but I hope it’s sooner rather than later and I hope they don’t find anything serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment