Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Well intentioned friends

I’m feeling sad and dismayed that people are questioning or “joking” about my decision to transition from F to M.  I understand that some of my friends want to have a conversation and see if they can understand what turned my heart to want to live my life as a man.I don’t mind having that conversation. I feel that I have been growing more and more masculinely identified over the years and transitioning feels like the right and next logical progression for me. I no longer self-identify as female, I identify as and want to live my life as a man. What is hurtful are well-intentioned friends asking, “are you sure? I’ve always seen you as a woman.” Or, “What if you transition and regret it?” Or, “Are you sure you’re not just following a gay trend?” It’s pretty depressing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment